Join Our Team
Welcome to the Magnus Health career page!
We’re always interested in meeting people with loads of talent, tons of enthusiasm, and relevant work experience. If we don’t currently have an opening that’s a perfect fit for you, go ahead and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you should be on our radar.
We are looking to hire talented developers to join a team of other engineers in evolving our product. Your first project will have instant visibility by over 700,000 users. Additionally the development will affect all layers of the software.
As a member of the team, you are expected to be in our local office in Raleigh, NC; however, during less intensive development cycles, engineers rotate working from home and at the office.
The ideal candidate is a goal oriented engineer who can prioritize and take ownership over the most immediate, highest priority need without need of oversight. Must be a self-starter who is capable of taking on new projects, as well as existing ones that may require vast amounts of research.
- Java (with Servlet and JDBC experience)
- Relational Databases
- Detail- and goal-oriented
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a small office environment
We are looking for a full time system administrator. This person will be a part of the technology team, and will be responsible for our production and headquarters environments. This will include standing up, supporting, and monitoring all systems.
The ideal candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT infrastructure architecture needs and design solutions to meet those needs to include, capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring, backups, hardware and software installations.
- 5+ years overall system administration experience
- Experience working in a high availability environment
- Experience setting up, configuring, and managing switches and firewalls
- Tomcat Administration
- Linux (RHEL preferred)
- SSL (troubleshooting, setting up certs, handling CSRs)
- Experience managing a small- to medium-sized IT department
- Active Directory
- Windows Deployment Services
- VPN Troubleshooting experience
- iptables firewall
- Cisco ASA/Catalyst
- Configuring load balancers
- Certs: CCNA, Net+, A+, MCP, MCITP
- Experience working with hosting providers
- Experience working with a small company
- Compliance and certification experience (PCI, HIPAA, FERPA)
- Google Apps
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER INTERN
This person will be a part of the technology team and work on projects to support internal teams as well as projects for customers. The position will scale up in complexity of task as skills can be mastered. We’re currently looking for a part-time internship to start this spring and continue on into the summer (possibly full-time). Perfect for college students.
- Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with drivers and installing devices
- Strong work ethic
- The ability to work through issues and work independently
- Windows Server experience
- Linux and Mac experience
- Active Directory knowledge
- A+ Certification
- Help desk experience
- Google Apps experience
TECHNICAL SOFTWARE TESTER
We’re seeking a curious and observant technical software tester to join our team of development professionals. Perfect for someone who loves to deconstruct a problem, this position requires a detail-oriented, articulate and creative thinker to assist with testing the efficiency and usability of our product. While assisting with manual UI testing, this position will be mainly focused on technical aspects. This includes but is not limited to running and creating automated tests that correspond with intended and unintended user interactions, writing and executing SQL queries and working with developers in additional technical areas. Our small, casual office environment promotes individuality while still maintaining a definite sense of team. If you have a goal-oriented “whistle while you work” attitude, we’d love to chat. This position reports to the Software QA manager and is full-time M-F, 40 hours a week.
- Effectively communicate (verbal/written) with both the technical team and other staff members
- Patiently follow a process while remaining flexible
- Remain highly organized at all times
- Maintain a sense of humor
CLIENT SUPPORT II
This role is largely a client-facing role with the primary responsibilities of troubleshooting and resolving complex internal and external technical issues. The position serves as the liaison between software developers and the Client Loyalty team. A successful candidate will demonstrate the unique ability to quickly and successfully learn the software database, construct and manage basic SQL queries, and communicate data findings as solutions for clients’ day to day technical troubleshooting needs. This position is also expected to provide front line support to ensure quick and efficient implementations as well as training/education about software functionality and account management. We expect to fill this new position in early 2014.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of data queries, data collection and reports on account utility
- Provide technical support with account updates and related special projects/assignments
- Deliver product training to existing clients and stakeholders
- Significantly contribute to the product management process via business use case testing and related tasks
- Efficiently manage front line client interaction by phone and email with clear and concise communication
- Handle account maintenance and ensure efficient use of the Magnus SMR by the client
- Lead support role to ensure assigned implementation tasks are accurately executed in a timely manner according to the requirements, timeline and process outlined
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Business, Information Technology or demonstrated college curriculum in a related area or combination of work experience and education
- Proven technical knowledge combined with proficient communication and troubleshooting skills used in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Prefer 1-2 years of professional experience with providing service to software end users, ideally in education or health fields
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and working knowledge of database management preferred
- Strong skills in oral and written communication
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing relationships
- Demonstrated proactive and team approach to problem solving and a strong desire to excel
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
A BDR’s primary focus is generating opportunities for Magnus to partner with clients in the K-26 market.
- Provide product knowledge to prospective customers
- Research, identify, and qualify leads
- Manage and track all sales activities via CRM software
- Identify customer needs/requirements, and recommend the appropriate products and solutions
- Remain up-to-date on new product, technology, and services offerings
- Stay current on industry and vertical solutions
- Assist in the on-going technical education and development of the broader team
- Interact with customers with utmost professionalism and accuracy to build trust and exceed expectations, as this will have a significant impact on the customer’s future spend with Magnus
- Ability to focus and function in a loud, high-energy call center environment
- Aptitude for transactional sales cycle
- Project and time management skills
- Two years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Motivation to increase sales
HELP DESK SPECIALIST
Are you a ‘people person’ with a knack for problem solving? Are you quick on your feet in times of high stress? Our help desk specialists assist parent and student users of our software by responding to support inquiries received via phone, live chat and email.
Please note: This position is for seasonal, part time work (10-20 hours per week). Depending on your availability, you will be scheduled Monday – Friday 8am-8pm. Please be open and upfront about your availability during the interview process. You will be required to attend in depth, on-the-job-training should you be selected. This can turn into a recurring and/or permanent position for the right candidates, as we also have several openings during our peak of the year (May-September and November -January).
- Resolving customer’s complaints by clarifying product or service problems, determining the cause of the problem, and selecting and explaining the best solution
- Contributing to team effort by reaching weekly team statistics
- Preparing for customer inquiries by studying products, services, and Help Desk processes
- Documenting customer inquiries and responses in customers’ accounts
Personality, team player, quick learner, flexible, customer service, customer focus, problem solving, documentation skills, listening, phone skills, resolving conflict, analyzing information, multitasking, relaying ideas to others, verbal communication, following instructions/processes
Do you pay way too much attention to detail? Are you a perfectionist? Do you find enjoyment in repetition? Do you have superb typing and data entry skills? Do you pride yourself on being a fast learner? Our records specialists input and manage records received via fax or mail.
Please note: This position is for seasonal, part time work (10-20 hours per week). Depending on your availability, you will be scheduled Monday – Friday 8am-8pm. Please be open and upfront about your availability during the interview process. You will be required to attend in depth, on-the-job-training should you be selected. This can turn into a recurring and/or permanent position for the right candidates as we also have several openings during our peak of the year (May-September and November -January).
- Processing student medical records by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail
- Correcting and communicating problems according to established procedures
- Maintaining quality results by following company standards
- Adhering to HIPAA by keeping medical record information confidential
- Preparing data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information, and establishing entry priorities
- Reviewing and verifying entered customer and account data to ensure accuracy
Team player, quick learner, flexible, typing, data entry skills, attention to detail, time management, organization, quality focus, professionalism, productivity, thoroughness, coordination, deadline-oriented, internal communications, confidentiality, decision making, independence, analyzing information, high-energy level
© Magnus Health 2013. All Rights Reserved.