About the Role
Veracross is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to oversee the Magnus Health product engineering team. This position reports to the Director of Product Engineering. This role includes both management responsibilities and technical work. You will lead the engineering team responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the Magnus suite of products, a cloud-based platform comprised of multiple web applications, APIs, and a mobile application. You will also write code, perform code reviews, and participate in other technical work as needed.
Our ideal candidate would have technical expertise from previous lead roles and a strong desire to grow in scope of leadership. The candidate will apply their experience with agile methodology to evolve the team’s practice in order to deliver performant, extensible and fault tolerant software.
You will lead and manage a medium sized team of product engineers while partnering closely with the product management, DevOps and quality engineering teams. The team is distributed, with engineers located in multiple states, as well as contract team members in South America, India and Pakistan. The team is full stack with responsibility for all aspects of the systems’ development and validation.
Veracross is headquartered in Wakefield, MA, and Magnus is headquartered in Raleigh, NC. Proximity to one of those locations is preferred, but applicants are encouraged to apply from anywhere in the United States.
What to Expect
- Work with the engineering leadership on everything that impacts Magnus software development
- Partner with Product Management, DevOps, and QA teams to produce new features while continuously improving the existing platform
- Leading the team through feature definition design, estimation, implementation, test, deploy and monitoring
- Champion the security and availability of the platform
- Regularly meet with team members 1-1, providing both tactical and strategic guidance
- Assist in recruiting and retaining top talent from a variety of sources
- Improve, champion, and oversee the execution of the agile SDLC within the Magnus team.
- Support the personal and career growth of the engineering team, including developing individual technical skills, fostering an ownership mindset, and enhancing the collaborative work process
- Continuously seek to empower your teams to be self-sufficient
- Possible limited travel to Magnus’s headquarters in North Carolina (post-pandemic, of course)
You’ll be a good fit if you have …
- 5+ years modern web development of SaaS applications in cloud environments
- 3+ years of experience in lead roles, including line management
- Experience in agile software development methodology
- Have a servant-leader mentality and reflect our core values: Service, Humility, and Excellence
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL Server a highly desirable plus
- Lifelong learner approach to software engineering, ability to learn new technologies, concepts and approaches to software delivery
- EdTech, HealthTech, or FinTech experience is a plus