If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Student Privacy Pledge
Magnus has taken the Student Privacy Pledge by publicly committing to responsibly collect student data. The Student Privacy Pledge is accessible here.
Information Collection and Use
Magnus collects personal information when you register with the Service and when you use the Service. The use of information collected through our Service is limited to the purpose of providing the Service for which Magnus has been engaged.
Visitors to our Public Site may provide us with name, email and other contact information if they request additional information regarding our Service.
Magnus receives certain student information from Customers in connection with the implementation and provision of the Service. For example, Customers provide basic student information, manually or through integration with student information systems, in connection with the Service when they are setting up the Service for their use.
Parents also provide health care and other personal information (such as immunization history, allergies, etc.) regarding students for use by Customers in connection with the Service.
You may be able to log into our Service using single sign-on providers or single sign-on features of other products. These services will authenticate your identity and may share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address.
Magnus automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Magnus cookie information, and the page you request. Magnus uses information to fulfill support requests, improve its Service, and determine which technologies to support.
Magnus may provide you with information from third party providers in order to educate you on health and wellness opportunities. Examples of this type of information include, but are not limited to immunization information and information about particular medications.
Magnus may aggregate your information with information from other users and share aggregated, de-identified information with interested third parties.
Magnus Health collects information under the direction of its clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. Magnus Health works with its clients to help them provide notice to their customers concerning, the purpose for which personal information is collected.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to manage advertising. Magnus does not participate in behavioral advertising and will not display ads. If our third party partner(s) are providing advertising and you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Magnus cannot control all advertising you see while browsing as this can be dependent on your individual browser and/or computer settings.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files based upon usage of our Public Site. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click-stream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Public Site, to track users’ movements around the Public Site and to gather demographic information about our user-base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information. This information is primarily used to support our users.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Information held in the Service is used by Customers (schools) to manage compliance with legal requirements relating to student immunizations, health records and other matters; manage their health departments; and communicate with faculty, staff, and parents.
- We provide the information to emergency personnel and other healthcare professionals as described in our Service under applicable HIPAA rules and confidentiality requirements. These professionals may use your personal information to perform medical services as authorized, and to communicate with you.
- In certain situations, Magnus Health may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may deliver educational information or product information from companies that provide relevant information, products or services for our Customers. These companies do not receive your personal information.
- We may provide information about your school to companies that assist us in providing Services, such as a hosting provider or a customer service provider. These companies are authorized to use your information only as necessary to provide these Services and to assist with supporting our clients.